Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Summer Fun!

Well school starts a week from today oh boy! Today, I went in and finished all my paperwork for my hotel job and I start tomorrow which is exciting.

On Wednesday I picked up my friend Kim. Kim had been in Germany all summer pretty much. She is a fellow classmate and has not moved into her dorm yet. She came up to Providence for a few days for a leader's retreat then she headed back to Jersey on Saturday morning.

I went to a leader's retreat on Thursday. It was great fun, there were about 4 of us girls that were able to make it. We grabbed a picnic and then headed to Purgatory Chasm where we went hiking and rock climbing through this small canyon. It was so nice. Afterwards, we headed up to a lodge and brainstormed activities for the year for our college aged church group TNT. It was a great retreat overall.

Then after that, I've been taking it easy the past couple of days mainly. On Saturday, I went to a BBQ and there was a lot of us. We played some outdoor some indoor games. I had a great time hanging out with friends.

On Sunday, I got to help with the little kids at church which is interesting. Afterwards, Melissa and I headed to a friend's house where about 5 of us all headed to the beach. The beach was great fun and the 5 of us had a great time. After the beach we had dinner at a friend's house and just hung out together.

I can't believe that I start my new job tomorrow and then school on Tuesday! It's going to be a crazy year for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can hear the excitement in your words. You are gong to be crazy busy for sure. Enjoy it my dear, you deserve every happy, joyous, wonderful moment that you are experiencing right now, this minute. I love you and hope you have fun doing all of it. Have a great last week of vacation. Love, Vicky

Anonymous said...

Is that you at the hotel after you "grow up"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvcpb4_7ZQ

HAHA! LOVE YAH!!!

Anonymous said...

BTW WHERE IS YOUR SLIDESHOW OF YOUR APARTMENT?