Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mid-July Weekend Update!

I had a fun jam packed weekend! I thought I would share it all with you guys!

On Thursday night I went to a weekly Bible study which had a great message to it this week. Then on Friday, I had to go in to this temporary staffing agency to fill out some paperwork to get a temporary job for next weekend (at least it is some form of money right?) and then I went to go get drug tested (yay!). Afterwards, Melissa and I headed to Sam's Club to do some grocery shopping then later that evening we met up with some of our friend's from Thursday night Bible study. There was 7 of us for dinner @ Texas Roadhouse then 6 of us headed to go see Dark Knight. We came right as the movie was due to begin and there was no 6 seats together so we exchanged our tickets for a later showing and went for ice cream while we waited. Dark Knight was decent however it was really dark and twisted and it was the first batman movie that I can remember watching (I'm sure I've seen others, I just cannot remember them). The night was fun and it's great to get some new friends.

Saturday, Melissa headed to go work at a wedding in Newport all day and I headed over to my friend Rachel's house where she and another friend, Kat were hanging out. We played a junk food trivia game (wow I am so not a junk food junkie!). After we played the game we got into the car and headed to southern Rhode Island to go to a hot air balloon festival where they had 11 hot air balloons set up at dusk with glows going. After the balloons were packed up again, there was a firework display. It was a great evening. After the festival, we headed to Rachel's house for pie and ice cream.

As for today, I had church as usual which had a great message with it. As for the rest of my day, I do not know what all I am going to do but we will see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeta, I love hearing about what is going on. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Enjoy every moment. I hope that you have a great week too! I miss you so much. Bye!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blummie! :)

Just caught up on your last two blogs. Interesting! You are one buzy woman with tons of fun activities and people in your life. Sorry I missed getting to see you while you were in ID. As always, my thoughts are with you. Hugs and Luv. G.