Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Job

I just got a job at the Best Western of Providence-Seekonk. I get to work the third shift for right now which is the 11pm to 7am shift. I am a front desk associate which means I check guests in and out, answer phones, do laundry, handle guest complaints, deliver stuff to rooms, clean the lobby, set up breakfast and keep that well stocked during breakfast hours, insert in reservations, and an assortment of other fun duties.

I was trained today for about 5 hours and then I will be trained again tomorrow at 11pm to 7am then I will supposedly get to run a shift on Friday and a shift on Saturday alone so it shall be interesting.

As well as that job, I also am working for a temporary staffing agency and get to help run a convention this weekend. I work on Thursday during the day and on Friday during the day as well. It is kind of funny how I went from no jobs to 2 jobs within a week and already having to juggle them and their times.

When school starts I'll have these two jobs (the temporary staffing agency one will be a gig by gig basis) as well as a work study job working with the community as well as being a missions leader at church, I think I'll have my hands pretty darn full. I praise God for blessing me with work to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Woman, I am sorry that you have to go from sunny hot California to thunderstorms at home in Rhode Island. I remember El Nino about 5 or 6 years ago and it killed 3 of my little baby turtles. I hope that you enjoy your new jobs! Don't work to hard, you will have plenty of time after you get your degree to do that. I love you woman, have a wonderful week. Love, Vicky

Anonymous said...

Yea! You go Blummie! Congrats on landing your new job(s).

Anonymous said...

Rosie was very super excited for you and and I am too. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. You know you could call me. HAHA. P.S. the video of the thunderstorms? HUH lol It was just a gray sky with like no sound. P.P.S. What color is your hair. P.P.S.S MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE _______ AND I WAS LIKE OH S***! haha