Friday, August 1, 2008

The last week of July!

Knowing me with my luck, my life seems to hardly ever be dull. Monday, however, was a great chill day with nothing really huge happening in it. Tuesday, I went to the Providence Rescue Mission to help send out 4,000 mailings of support letters since the mission is going through a really tough time right now. I was there for about 9 hours having fun with church ladies. It is amazing the feeling you get after practically spending it talking to God and about God for a day.

During my time there, I received a phone call from a company for an interview for the next day. After spending time at the mission, I hung out with a friend of mine then headed home.

On Wednesday, I had my interview and I think it went smoothly. On my way to the interview, I was walking and this guy in an ice cream truck hollers out to me, "Hey! How are you?" I was not thinking straight and I responded. The guy then turns left into oncoming traffic all the while staring at me, luckily oncoming traffic responded with horns and not anything else. The guy pulled into a parking lot and I did not stick around to see what he had in mind. My day went pretty normal for me after that. It was Cheesecake Factory's 30th anniversary so they were celebrating $1.50 a slice day so a friend and I were headed to that but we never made it since we were stuffed from dinner.

Thursday was a little bit more interesting of a day. I had received a phone call the night before to come in for a 2nd interview. I've never had a 2nd interview before. I headed back into the place and the guy came from his office to get me. He merely said follow me, he did not shake my hand or anything. I followed him into his office admiring his fanny pack (haha not!) and he told me to have a seat. He sat down and started working on his computer. We then proceeded to make small talk for 20 minutes then right at the end he told me what I might be doing if I was hired there then he told me that he would call me. I walked away thinking wow that was odd but I figure it must have been a personality test.

Later on that day, I was taking a bus from downtown and it was my favorite bus driver. I was so excited to see her on my route for once. Right as the bus pulls away from the station, some guy pulls out his stinky fast food lunch and the smell just permeates the whole bus. There is no eating or drinking allowed on a bus. The bus driver asks him to put it away, he does not so then we have to call a supervisor to get this guy removed from the bus. The guy responds back by giving her threats and then the whole bus erupts in noise (it was a packed bus) about the bus driver and the guy. We had to wait 10-20 min for the supervisor to come.

Then later that night, I was taking a bus to Bible study and I get on and it is the same driver that I had when the bus' back door wouldn't close and we got stuck with the bus for 30 min. I should have guessed the next situation with that bus driver. Our back door would not work and we had handicap people on the bus meaning whenever we had to let them off we risked the chance of not be able to go again since the door might not shut.

Bible study was good, it was a mini concert and the guy had never gone public before. He had some great songs.

I'm not sure where my day is going to take me today or the rest of my weekend but I hope everyone has a great weekend :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hwy Lady, I can't believe the stuff that takes place in your life. I hope that you just take every moment and put it in your memory box for later because you will look back and think, my goodness, I can't believed that happened to me. It is a pretty exciting life that you lead. Enjoy. May GOD put his hedge of protection around you and keep you sade. I love you woman, Vicky