Monday, September 7, 2009

A New Start

The Lord has blessed me and I praise Him for all the storms we go through together, as I know the rainbow at the end of each storm will be glorious making each storm worthwhile despite the trials and tribulations it may have brought.

I just started a new job and the wait was so worth it! A friend of mine hooked me up with it and I love it! It has a great schedule, a good amount of hours, and it is something I love doing! I work at a daycare center in the school age classroom. I monitor children aged 5-12 and other age groups from time to time such as preschool and pre-K. I get to help them with homework and do activities with them. A majority of the children are inner city kids thus being very tough and coming from all walks of life. The people I work with are great as well and work can actually be fun sometimes!

School starts Tuesday September 8th! I'm trying my best to figure out all my classes and graduate a year early (this year yay!). I'm declaring a concentration in Entrepreneurship and a second one in Food & Beverage Management. A concentration is kind of like a minor or a specialized focus on an area thus making my school's degree programs more versatile. My classes that I am taking are Microeconomics, Business Plan, Dining Room Management, and Dynamics of Tourism.

I am still going to my Thursday night Bible study and we just started a focus on growing your faith in Christ. Church is going great as well, we just wrapped up an intensive and complete study on 1 Corinthians.

I also had the fine opportunity of camping in a tropical storm which can make camping very amusing from building a tarp structure over your tent using random stick poles and having to find shelter somewhere to make dinner. It poured the whole night!

I am excited for this upcoming weekend! There is going to be a volunteer reunion bbq in New Hampshire for the group of volunteers from Soulfest so I will get to see some good friends again! Praying for good weather, although no Soulfest event would be complete without rain I suppose haha.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thankful you are enjoying your job! Have a great "first day of classes" tomorrow. Enjoy the reunion this weekend. It does look like you might get some rain! :) Looking forward to seeing you soon. Will you be around on Sunday or still in New Hampshire?

Vicky Maliszewski said...

Leeta, Have a great first day of school this semester. Congrats on trying to graduate early. Enjoy every moment of today. Keep up the good work. I love you, Vicky

Alissa:Adventurer said...

good times