Monday, October 5, 2009

A Happy Medium

Wow, its October already, it feels like it was just January yesterday! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by, it is amazing how fast time flies as you get older.

School is going great. I'm loving my classes this trimester! I got smart and let go of my work study job so I'd only have my daycare job and school which is a good schedule for me! I'm happy I'm not heaping my plate of life too high these days haha.

I'm loving work, it is one of my favorite jobs ever! Never thought I'd enjoy working with kids so much. Seems like God gave me some kind of gift with them, I just got to figure out how to use that. I typically work with school age kids in the afternoons but sometimes I bounce around classrooms and help out. I love the waddler/toddler age even though the group at my center is a rough and rowdy bunch! Holy cow, never thought I'd see three toddlers war it out with each other and throw each other down on the playground like that.

Summaries of some of my weekends since my last blog posting.............

One weekend....
I went to a BBQ in New Hampshire that was a Soulfest Reunion, it was a great time seeing old friends again! On Sunday, I went to a music festival with a chili competition mixed into it that was fun times and I also did some sightseeing in Massachusetts. I'm beginning to learn how many different things Massachusetts has that I didn't know about!

Another weekend....
I volunteered at a Skillet/Hawk Nelson concert with some other Soulfest buddies and of course it rained that night haha, because it always has to rain when we get together!

Another weekend....
I went to Springfield, Massachusetts to go to the Big E fair with a bunch of friends. It was an awesome fair that represented all 6 states of the New England Region. My favorite part of it was States Row, which had buildings representing each of the six states and each building was owned by that state so you could travel to six states in a matter of minutes! Inside each building were exhibits that were hosted by companies that we headquartered in that state or things that state was known for.

Another weekend....
My cousin and his wife came into town and I got to hang out with them! We went to dinner together one night and then on Sunday I dropped them off and picked them up at a Patriots' game and topped it off with dinner and hanging out afterwards.

Another weekend....
I went to a Newsboys concert in Massachusetts on a Friday night and helped out there (twas another rainy day hanging out with my Soulfest buddies haha). On Saturday, I went to a Voice of the Martyrs conference in Connecticut with a couple of friends which had some awesome speakers. On Sunday, I had church and a goodbye party for some dear friends that are moving an hour or so away because of a job promotion. On Monday (twas Columbus day) I hung out with Peter and went to an art festival in Scituate, RI.

I guess I like to pack it in, I seem to always be busy running around and seeing new things. I love exploring! I put something like 2000 miles or more on my car this past September. One wonderful thing about New England is the fall foliage, so many amazing bright beautiful colors makes a good bang before old man winter settles in!

3 comments:

Vicky Maliszewski said...

Keep up the good work woman. I love you so much and I am so proud of you. You are an amazing woman.

Stephanie Kay said...

Looking forward to spending Saturday with you!

Amy said...

Looks like you're finding a rhythm! Thankful you're enjoying your job! Enjoy this coming weekend...