Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shoot! There Goes April!

Wow! I feel that time just shoots by as the years blow by! It seems like sometimes, so many things are happening at once that you almost lose track of your priorities and then you have a heaping plate full of stuff to do and there never seems to be enough hours in a day!

I'm still working at the same place doing the same thing as a float and a school age person. I love floating around the rooms, getting to know all sorts of crazy, funny kids and all the random shenanigans that happen! I just have to discover some sort of way to not let it get boring (haha yes, boring) for me.

School is okay. It has been a rough trimester because my classes are difficult and require lots of thinking as any senior level class would expect, haha. I have a mixology class where we learn about all different sorts of alcohol, get to taste it, and then learn to make 40 common drinks. My midterm consisted of a multiple choice test, a blind tasting of 2 different drinks, doing an 1 1/2 oz free pour and a 3/4 free pour (instead of measuring it out, we had to get it to be exact) and also making 12 drinks in 12 minutes with the right garnish in the right glass all from memory. My other class is a whole different animal from that one. There is 17 students in my class and we have to run a restaurant with a lunchtime seating of 16-20 people. I'm assigned a partner, a menu theme, a menu date, and a service style. From there, we must find recipes from books, convert the recipes to the size we need them, cost them out, order the food, prep the food, set up the dining room to be a formal setting, get guests in to eat the food, and basically do everything A to Z of running a sit down place. It's hectic and time consuming! I'm also taking psychology and a career capstone class.

I'm now officially 1 class short of graduating this May however I'm praying that my 1 class worth of English Technical Writing from BSU in my high school days will be able to transfer over and take that missing spot!

I'm working on moving by the end of May into an apartment loaded with girls haha. I will live there for the summer until end of August. It should be a pretty amusing summer. I'm also trying to figure out where I am supposed to go and what I'm supposed to do with my life. For the time being, God hasn't told me exactly what and clearly He needs me to grow more with something and prepare me for whatever He needs me to do since He just hasn't shown me yet despite my stubborn ways of trying to know.

I feel a service calling to do something hands on with a community and possibly social service based dealing with kids. I just don't know what capacity God wants me in yet.

I had a wonderful birthday! Thanks to my friends for making it an unique one. My roommate made me breakfast and my friend Maria made me dinner that I had with her, her daughter and a friend.

Yes, Rhode Island was hit with some flooding. The biggest blow was to the Warwick Mall (a mere 2.5 miles from my apartment, I'm so blessed!). The Warwick Mall is near the sewer treatment center and they got overflowed and it shot over to the mall and caused a horrible mess and so all the inventory in the stores has to be trashed primarily and the all the stores have to be redone but there are rumors leaking around as if its really worth it to have the Warwick Mall redone when there's a vacant dead mall that didn't get hit by the flood that is a stone's throw from the Warwick Mall. Several areas got severely flooded and some people were deeply affected, some of our main roads and highways were closed for a few days due to flooding and it was an interesting experience for me.

1 comment:

Vicky Maliszewski said...

Leeta, I am sorry I missed your birthday. It was last week on Tuesday. I hope it was great. You sound like you know what you want to do in life. Wait and listen to the Lord. How truly amazing a someone your age is waiting on the Lord. I am so proud of you and all that you get to take part in. Have a wonderful week. I love you. Happy Belated Birthday. Vicky