Saturday, September 15, 2007

Newport, RI!

Today was a beautiful, bright, sunny, breezy day! My friend Sarah and I ate breakfast together then walked to the bus station to catch a bus. We took a bus to Newport, Rhode Island, which is about a little over an hour by bus. When we got to Newport, we walked around on the Wharfs as it is right on the ocean and the International Boat Show was happening. We did not go to the show as Sarah is on the sailing team and is going to go to it on Sunday. After that, we walked to the Cliff Walks and we went exploring on the coast line then we walked back into the main part of town and went shopping. Newport is really pretty and has a ton of history!

We caught the 4:30 bus back to Providence which was soon to be crowded with lots of college students from the colleges in Newport Area that were heading to Providence to catch trains to head home.

When I got back to the dorms, Sarah went to go grab dinner while I met up with a girl named Jackie that is from Ohio. We were walking back to my dorm when we bumped into a new friend! Jackie and I were heading down the hall when we saw Dartainia (who is in a wheelchair) trying to get out of the laundry room. I took her laundry and we headed off to her room where we proceeded to hang out and have lots of fun!

No comments: