Sunday, September 9, 2007

OH MY! WHAT A NIGHT!

Yesterday evening was interesting. Roommate & I meet these people at dinner that my roommate knew from summer orientation. These people say that they are going to the mall and going to buy a board game and go back to the dorm to play it. Sounds like good innocent fun? Yeah right! One person in the group had alcohol and they were making plans to drink in the dorms, which is not a good idea because who knows how some people act while drinking and if they are found drinking, they could be in serious trouble especially if they have alcohol with them. So once I realized this, I made a plan B to meet with some other friends. I scampered off to go meet my other friends at Starbucks.

We met up and walked to the waterfire which happens on various weekends throughout the summertime and early fall. There is a river that runs through Providence and they make bonfires on the river and have gondola rides. Oh so romantic and peaceful with lovely music. Afterwards, we walk around and hang out having a good time.

Later on, we say goodnight and part our separate ways towards our dorms. I get into my hallway and there is my roommate sprawled out on the floor drunk as can be. I watch her and 2 drunk friends for a few minutes before I confess to a drunk guy that she is my roommate, he was relieved and left. My roommate had no keys, she didn't know what she did with them. She was very much so homesick and called her family and friends. But she wanted to smoke so bad that I had to wait until her drunk look in her eyes disappeared so that when we went past security they wouldn't know she was drunk. We walked around the city (I think God had a safe city block set up for me since I had prayed to Him for help) more specifically we walked around this city block about 10-15 times. After a couple hours we finally head back to do the ultimate test~~to get back through security. I get her to open her eyes better (she was ready to fall asleep while standing) and get her to have her ID card ready and I have mine ready for security to buzz us in. I tell her to shush and we go. The security guard on duty seemed a little uptight and had his hands full with two drunk guys that wanted to pick a fight. He stared at us then at the clock then at us then at the two drunk guys. It was 3:11am by the way. He finally buzzes us through and we go in. Mind you, the next time my roommate comes home drunk, I'm not doing one thing to help her out, she had her one chance.

She woke up today not remembering a single thing. It was an interesting night to say the least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg. Yes - I think one chance is plenty and maybe even a discussion about boundaries, expectations, behavior guidelines and your goals for school versus your roommate. If it's not a match, wonder if you can discuss the situation w/ the dean and one of you consider switching to a new room or roommate.

Love you!! C & G.

Anonymous said...

Starbucks, YEA RIGHT! lol