Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tuesday's Crazy Adventure to Wal-Mart

Tuesday, it rained and rained and rained, I had to wear 4-5 different outfits. I'm so getting a rain coat! And it only rained when I was going from class to class. How convenient!

By the night time, the rain had calmed and my roommate and I heard rumor that cars were broken into on the freshman parking lot. So we took the bus to the Harborside campus (we live on the Downcity Campus). Her car was safe and sound and we decided we would go to Wal-Mart fast to print some pictures. She and her friend who helped her move in, had went to Wal-Mart around here. She started driving and after a while, couldn't remember or really recognize where we were (no we weren't bright enough to print out a mapquest). We stop at a gas station where there were 2 cop cars (I don't know if anything was going down or not but one cop for sure was "chilling" inside). The cop mentioned 4 or 5 Wal-marts around and finally directed us to one. Of course, with our luck, the photo printing machine was broken! But we had decided to get some cleaning supplies and other life essentials for our dorm room. We bought a new shower curtain and a few rugs to spruce our blah dorm room. After our fun shopping at Wal-Mart, we headed out. Once again we got lost. My roommate calls her friend up who remembers practically everything even though he was only here for 3 days. He gets us close but we are still lost and a huge problem is that there are not any street signs and if there is, it is faded and unreadable. I get a hold of one of my friends back in Idaho to mapquest me home, and he finally figures out where we are and gives me directions. Well we missed the street and ended up in another city, so I call my friend again and he goes through the directions and follows a map street by street. Thanks for helping us by the way! We were getting so frustrated!

By the time we got home, it was really late and we had started our little adventure at 7pm. So both of us thought that was pretty funny especially with the fact that we could have just walked to the mall to print the pictures out and instead we drove all the way to Wal-Mart.

No comments: