Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Day 1 of Classes/I Kissed Sleeping In Goodbye

Today was a good day, I bought a majority of my books which sure do add up quickly in price. I had my Foods I class (I just got signed up for English Composition so I skipped it today by accident) and Foods I is claimed to be the horror class for all Hotel Management kids because they hate the restaurant aspect of the field but we all should know that us Hotel Management kids to know both sides and that is why companies keep coming back to us for Hotel Managers/Hotel Jobs is because they know that JWU teaches both sides. JWU by the way is ranked 6th in the country for hospitality studies. My other class was great too, it was the Intro to the Hospitality field and I have a feeling that is going to be a fun class!

Here's the scoop, because of my 3.55 GPA and all my activity in National Honor Society and possible Key Club during my high school years, I've been accepted into basically the Dean's list except we call it SHARP here. I get to take up to 25 credit hours every term. So with regular tuition, I was enrolled for 15.5 credit hours and with my SHARPness, I get to take 9.5 more credit hours! So I totally took advantaged of this free schooling.

So I picked on my general classes and added 2 more English classes to my pile of classes. Now, I have 3 English classes making it a total of 6 classes.

My 6 Classes:

Communication Skills
English Composition
Food Safety & Sanitation Management
Intro To Literary Genres
Foods I
Intro to the Hospitality Field

My New Schedule:
Monday:
7:10am to 9:05am ~ Communication Skills
11:30am to 1:25pm ~ Food Safety & Sanitation Management
1:40pm to 3:35pm ~ Intro To Literary Genres

Tuesday:
7:10am to 9:05am ~ English Composition
9:20am to 11:15am ~ Foods I
1:40pm to 3:35pm ~ Intro to the Hospitality Field

Wednesday:
7:10am to 9:05am ~ Communication Skills
1:40pm to 3:35pm ~ Intro To Literary Genres


Thursday:
7:10am to 9:05am ~ English Composition
9:20am to 11:15am ~ Foods I
1:40pm to 3:35pm ~ Intro to the Hospitality Field

Since my butt is getting sore from sitting on the hallway floor, I think I'll go for my midday day meal, then I think I might go to Target or Staples/Whole Foods (to get an internet cable so I can sit in my comfy new chair), just depends all on the bus schedules and locations. Lets hope I don't get lost or miss my bus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free schooling! Nice! Heck - ya can't beat that! Go for it - you've earned it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you get some free schooling out of all that hard work in high school. I hope that this all pays off and you will run a huge hotel in a paradise city and your family will be able to stay there for free. Haha. I hope that you keep up the good work and stay on the Sharp list all the years at that college. I hope you have a wonderful day,
I love you, Vicky